Welcome to Blog Writers' Guild. Blog writing does not have to be rocket science but there are some guidelines to help you along the way. Here are a few things I have learned over the years:
1) Keep it short and simple. If your blog is short and to the point you will get more readers.
2) Know your audience, their interests and level of expertise.
3) Reading level is important. There are lots of tools to help you check reading level.
4) Although grammar and spelling are important, full sentences may not be. Bullet points can provide a quick way for readers to get the information type need.
5) When creating links dont simply put http://www.readwatchcreate.com rather create your links like this: Read Watch Create or even better add a description like: Chris Williams SitecoreGuild Blog
If you have some tips, tricks or resources to help other bloggers please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post them.